Indian outfit trends are constantly evolving, with a mix of traditional and modern styles. India is a land of diversity, and the traditional outfits of india reflect the same in their unique way.
Though saree has always been the quintessential indian attire for women, but with time, indian outfits for women and men alike have expanded and evolved tremendously. Today, the traditional outfit trends are amalgamating with western fashion to create a fusion style.
These trends are influenced by various factors like bollywood, regional cultures, social media, and more. From elegant lehengas to sherwanis, from salwar kameez to dhoti pants, there is a wide range of indian outfits for different occasions. While the traditional outfits remain popular, modern touches and fusion wear are rapidly gaining popularity as well.
Traditional Indian Outfits
From sarees to anarkali suits, traditional indian outfits are both elegant and stylish. They are a perfect blend of rich cultural heritage and modern fashion, which makes them a popular choice among indian women as well as women across the world.
Let’s explore the latest trends in each style.
Sarees – Latest Fabric, Color, And Design Trends
Sarees have always been an integral part of indian culture, and they continue to be one of the most popular traditional outfits. The latest trends in sarees are as follows:
- Fabrics: Silk, chiffon, georgette, and cotton are some of the popular fabrics for sarees. The latest trend is to opt for fabrics that have a blend of traditional and modern styles.
- Colors: While red and gold colors are still popular, there is a growing trend towards pastels, such as pink, peach, and lavender. These colors are especially popular during the summer season.
- Designs: Intricate embroidery and embellishments continue to be popular designs, with florals, geometric shapes, and animal prints being the latest trends.
Salwar Kameez – Contemporary Designs And Patterns
The salwar kameez is a comfortable and elegant traditional outfit that is popular among indian women of all ages. Here are the latest trends in salwar kameez designs:
- Contemporary designs: Fusion of indo-western styles, asymmetrical hemlines, and off-shoulder cuts are the latest designs in salwar kameez.
- Patterns: Floral prints, block prints, and bold geometric prints are the trending patterns in salwar kameez.
- Fabrics: Cotton, silk, and chiffon are the popular fabrics for salwar kameez. You can choose embroidery and lacework to add extra elegance to your salwar kameez.
Lehenga Choli – Fusion Of Traditional And Modern Styles
Lehenga choli is a popular traditional outfit that has undergone a lot of transformation over the years. The latest trends in lehenga choli are as follows:
- Colors: The latest trend is to opt for pastel colors. However, bright colors like fuchsia, yellow, and orange are still popular for bridal wear.
- Designs: The fusion of traditional and modern designs is the current trend, with lehenga choli styles featuring western-style cuts.
- Fabrics: Silk, satin, and chiffon are popular fabrics for lehenga choli. You can choose embellishments like sequins, zari, and embroidery.
Anarkali Suits – Latest Trends In Embellishments And Embroidery
Anarkali suits have always been a favorite traditional outfit of indian women. The latest trends in anarkali suits are as follows:
- Embroidery: Intricate zari work, mirror work, and thread embroidery are the popular embellishments for anarkali suits.
- Fabrics: Georgette, silk, and chiffon are popular fabrics for anarkali suits. The latest trend is to opt for fabrics that are light and easy to carry.
- Designs: The latest trend is to opt for floral prints and subtle designs for daily wear, while heavy and intricate designs are popular for special occasions.
Traditional indian outfits continue to be popular around the world, with each style evolving to mix traditional and modern elements with gorgeous colors, embroidery, and fabrics. By keeping up with the latest trends, you can wear the latest traditional indian outfit styles while still looking chic and elegant.
Evolution Of Indo-Western Fashion
Indo-western fashion has evolved over the years and has become one of the most popular trends worldwide. The fusion of indian and western wear has been a massive hit among fashion enthusiasts due to its versatility. Here are some of the significant changes in indo-western fashion:
- The initial phase of indo-western fusion was all about experimenting with western cuts and designs on indian outfits like kurtas, sarees, and lehengas.
- This trend further evolved with indian prints and patterns incorporated into western silhouettes like maxi dresses, jumpsuits, and jackets.
- The fusion trend has even gone on to include indian embroidery and embellishments on western outfits like denim jackets, shirts, and crop tops.
Latest Trends In Indo-Western Fusion Outfits
Indo-western fusion wear is a classic blend that has been trending for years now. Every season brings in a new twist to this trend, making it even more popular. Here are some of the latest trends in indo-western fusion outfits:
- Sharara suits are the new rage when it comes to indo-western fusion wear. These suits have a western silhouette with traditional indian embroidery and prints.
- The fusion trend now includes sarees with crop tops rather than traditional blouses.
- Cape style kurtas and dresses are a popular indo-western fusion trend.
- The dhoti pants and skirts paired with western tops are also becoming a hit among the fashion-forward crowd.
Tips To Style Indo-Western Outfits For Different Occasions And Body Types
Indo-western wear allows you to experiment with different styles and patterns, making it ideal for any occasion. Here are some tips to style indo-western outfits based on your body type:
- For a pear-shaped body, opt for a-line kurtas or dresses that flow elegantly over your hips.
- Hourglass-shaped women can go for fitted and structured outfits to accentuate their curves.
- Apple-shaped women should opt for flowy and breezy fabrics to balance their upper and lower body.
- Inverted triangle-shaped women can try indo-western fusion outfits with high necklines and full sleeves to add volume to the lower half of their body.
Indo-western fusion wear is here to stay and gets better every season! Whether you want to keep it chic and stylish or comfortable and traditional, indo-western wear has something for everyone.
Accessories To Enhance Your Outfits
Indian outfits are known for their vibrant colours, intricate patterns, and luxurious fabrics. Whether it’s a saree, lehenga, or salwar kameez, indian women love to accessorize their outfits with stunning jewelry, footwear, and handbags to create a complete look. In this blog post, we’ll talk about the latest accessory trends that will enhance your indian outfits.
Latest Trends In Indian Jewelry
Jewelry is an essential part of indian fashion. From traditional gold jewelry to contemporary designs, there’s an endless variety of options. Here are some of the latest trends in indian jewelry:
- Layered necklaces: Instead of wearing a single necklace, try layering two or three necklaces of different lengths to create a statement look.
- Kundan jewelry: Kundan is a traditional form of indian jewelry that’s made using glass stones. This jewelry is perfect for weddings and other special occasions.
- Hoop earrings: Hoop earrings are a timeless piece of jewelry that can add glamour to any outfit. Try wearing oversized hoops for a bold look.
- Choker necklaces: Choker necklaces are a popular trend that can instantly elevate your outfit. From simple designs to intricate ones, there’s a choker for every occasion.
Role Of Footwear In Completing Your Outfit
Footwear is often an overlooked accessory, but it’s just as important as any other accessory. The right pair of shoes can make your outfit look polished and complete. Here are some tips for choosing footwear to match your indian outfit:
- Ballet flats: If you want to be comfortable without compromising on style, then ballet flats are the way to go. They look great with sarees and salwar kameez.
- Juttis: Juttis are traditional indian footwear that come in a range of colours and designs. They look great with both casual and formal outfits.
- High heels: High heels are perfect for formal occasions and weddings. They can give you some extra height and make your legs look longer.
Trending Handbags And Clutches For Different Occasions
No outfit is complete without a handbag or clutch. Here are some of the latest trends in handbags and clutches:
- Tote bags: Tote bags are perfect for everyday use. They’re spacious, comfortable, and come in a range of designs.
- Potli bags: Potli bags are popular for weddings and other special occasions. They’re usually made with silk or velvet, and come in a range of bright colours.
- Box clutches: Box clutches are perfect for formal events. They’re usually made with metal or acrylic, and come in a range of sizes and designs.
Accessorizing your indian outfit with the right jewelry, footwear, and handbags can make a huge difference. By following these latest trends and tips, you can create a complete and stylish look that will turn heads.
Top Picks For Fashionistas
Indian Outfit Trends: Top Picks For Fashionistas
India holds a rich cultural heritage that reflects in its clothing. Indian traditional wear is known for its intricate designs and vibrant colors. These days, modern fashionistas are embracing the fusion of traditional and modern indian wear, resulting in a plethora of unique and stylish outfits.
We will explore the latest outfit trends for different events, outfit recommendations based on body type and skin tone, and tips on how to accessorize and complete the look.
Latest Outfit Trends For Different Events
- Festivals: Anarkali suits with flared bottoms in pastel shades, embellished with embroidery and mirror work, are a popular festive pick. Sharara suits with heavy dupattas are also making a comeback.
- Weddings: Lehengas and sarees continue to be the go-to choices for indian weddings. Pastel shades, floral prints, and intricate embroidery are trending this season. Fusion wear such as dhoti sarees and lehenga-gowns are also making waves in the wedding fashion scene.
- Parties: Crop tops with palazzos or skirts are a popular party outfit choice. Gowns in flowy fabrics such as chiffon and georgette with thigh-high slits are also in vogue.
Outfit Recommendations Based On Body Type And Skin Tone
- Hourglass figure: Anarkali suits or sarees with cinched waistlines complement this figure.
- Apple shape: Straight suits or sarees that drape well are suitable for this body type.
- Pear-shaped: A-line anarkali suits or lehengas with flared bottoms and fitted bodices are flattering for this shape.
- Athletic build: Jumpsuits or sarees with ruffles and frills add volume to this body type.
- Fair skin tone: Bright colors such as fuchsia, turquoise, and royal blue look great on fair skin.
- Dusky skin tone: Earthy tones such as gold, maroon, and olive green complement this skin tone.
How To Accessorize And Complete The Look
- Jewelry: Traditional indian jewelry such as jhumkas, chandbalis, and necklaces can amp up any indian outfit. However, you can also experiment with modern jewelry such as hoops or layered necklaces.
- Footwear: Heels such as stilettos or block heels complement indian outfits. However, you can also go for juttis or kolhapuris for a more traditional look.
- Makeup and hair: Bold eye makeup with a nude lip is a classic look that goes well with indian outfits. For hair, buns or braids adorned with flowers or hair accessories add a touch of elegance.
Indian outfits are diverse and versatile, allowing fashion enthusiasts to experiment and express themselves. By considering their body type, skin tone, and event, anyone can rock an indian outfit with panache. By following the tips on how to accessorize and complete the look, you can elevate your overall appearance and turn heads at any event.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Indian Outfit Trends
What Are The Latest Indian Outfit Trends For Women In 2021?
Asymmetrical kurtas, sharara pants, peplum tops, and shacket sets are some of the latest indian outfit trends for women in 2021. These outfits are comfortable and stylish, perfect for any occasion.
What Are The Popular Colors Of Indian Outfits In 2021?
The popular colors of indian outfits in 2021 are pastel shades like lavender, mint green, powder blue, and pale pink. Bright colors like hot pink, tangerine orange, and electric blue are also in trend this year.
What Accessories Should I Pair With My Indian Outfit?
You can pair your indian outfit with statement jewelry like jhumkas, kundan necklaces, and maang tikka. Opt for a clutch or potli bag for a traditional touch. Wear high heels or mojari flats to complete the look.
Are Palazzo Pants Still In Trend In Indian Outfits?
Yes, palazzo pants are still in trend in indian outfits. Pair them with crop tops, kurtis, and long jackets to create a stylish bohemian look. Palazzo pants are comfortable and perfect for any occasion.
What Style Of Indian Outfit Should I Wear For A Wedding?
For weddings, you can wear traditional outfits like sarees, lehengas, or anarkalis. Opt for rich fabrics like silk and velvet in bright colors like red, green, and gold. Pair them with statement jewelry and embellished heels for a complete look.
Can I Wear Western Accessories With My Indian Outfit?
Yes, you can wear western accessories like belts, scarves, and hats with your indian outfit for a fusion look. Opt for neutral shades and simple designs to balance out the boldness of the indian outfit.
Indian outfit trends have evolved over the years – from traditional wear to fusion outfits. Today, fashionistas are experimenting with contemporary styles and creating a balance between tradition and modernity. We discussed six of the most popular outfit trends that are ruling the indian fashion industry currently.
The anarkali suits, shararas, sarees, lehengas, embroidered maxi dresses, and palazzo sets are all making a statement – whether it’s at weddings, parties, or formal events. The indian fashion industry is vast and ever-evolving, with new trends emerging every season.
One thing that remains constant is the love for stunning and elegant ethnic wear. With these versatile outfit trends, there’s something for everyone and every occasion. It’s time to embrace the culture and be the trendsetter by creating a fashion identity that is unique, stylish, and confident.
Now that you know the latest indian outfit trends, it’s time to experiment with them and make a fashion statement that sets you apart.